Interview Advice From My Guest About How Watching These Videos Can Help Candidates Differentiate Themsleves
Rusty Thulin, Co-Founder and Vice President of IP Commerce–a cloud based point of sale (POS) platform that connects online consumer experiences with offline environments through cloud connected devices–recently appeared on Inside the Interview to share what he has learned through 19 years of assessing talent, specifically the interview advice he has for today’s job seekers. Listen carefully to how Rusty says job seekers can differentiate themselves simply by watching these videos. We look forward to your comments.
What else will you hear inside the interview?
- How has searching for a job changed from the way it was almost 20 years ago, and what should you do to adjust?
- Rusty says that there are only 3 things that will make an employee successful. Find out what they are.
- How does he go about evaluating a candidate’s motivation?
- He mentions a couple of pet peeves he has when interviewing candidates. What are they?
- How can you increase your chances of getting an interview with him, and then differentiate yourself when you get the opportunity?
- How did his experience playing H.S. football influence his current talent assessment process?
- Which 3 core competencies must he see in every candidate before deciding to move them to the next step?
- How often have candidates been able to change his mind if he raises an objection to their candidacy during the interview?