An Obvious Red Flag During A Phone Interview, And Other Interview Advice To Consider
Jason O’Hare, Vice President of Sales at WordStream— a PPC management platform that helps marketers execute Pay Per Click advertising—was kind enough to appear on Inside the Interview to share his interview advice with my audience. You may not be a candidate for WordStream at the moment, but if you’re starting to consider other opportunities, and seriously want to distinguish yourself from other job applicants and candidates, listen to Jason’s interview tips and advice– they may help you regardless of where your next interview might be. In addition to a specific “red flag” he mentions about properly preparing for a phone screen, pay close attention to how he goes about evaluating candidates during the interview process, and which 3 core competencies he must see in every candidate before deciding to move them to the next round of interviews.
As a quick side note, I learned the hard way about what happens when I use 2 web cams at the same time, accidentally, to record an interview. I apologize in advance for the psychedelic effects on my side of the video.
What else will you hear inside the interview?
- What should your cover letter and resume include and how long will he look at your resume before making a decision?
- What should you expect on a phone screen with him?
- Why does he tell each candidate exactly what to prepare for when he invites them in for an interview?
- Which 2 critical questions must candidates be prepared to answer upon first meeting with Jason?
- How does he evaluate people that have been let go for poor performance in the past?
- What does he look for in a follow up email once a viable candidate has met with him after their first interview?
- 3 core competencies he must see in every candidate before deciding to move them to another round of interviews
- Is he hiring and for which positions?