Great Interview Advice, Including One Of The Best Times To Pause During Your Interview
Connor Fee, Director of Marketing at Nasuni— a software company that offers a storage solution for remote and branch offices of distributed enterprise companies–was kind enough to appear on Inside the Interview to share his interview advice with my audience. You may not ever be a candidate for Nasuni, but if you’re starting to consider other opportunities, and seriously want to distinguish yourself from other job applicants and candidates, Connor’s advice will help you–regardless of where your next interview might be. Listen carefully to how he goes about evaluating candidates during the interview process, and which 3 core competencies he must see in every candidate before deciding to move them to the next round of interviews.
What else will you hear inside the interview?
- What specifically is he looking for on a resume, and what is “resume vomit”?
- When does he think a cover letter is most useful, and what’s the most important aspect of a cover letter?
- Find out the statement he usually makes to start off each phone screen.
- One question he typically asks to determine if a candidate has done their homework?
- How have some of the best candidates approached their interviews?
- Why are some candidates not the right fit even if their experience is a perfect match?
- 3 core competencies that he must see in every candidate before deciding to move them to another round of interviews.
- Learn what he says is the most effective nuance most people miss to address an objection that has been raised
- Is he hiring?