Interview Advice About How To Successfully Acknowledge Your Failures…And More
Bob Wiederhold, CEO of Couchbase— the open source NoSQL database for interactive web and mobile applications—was kind enough to appear on Inside the Interview to share his interview advice with potential job seekers. You may not be a candidate for a position within Couchbase specifically, but if you’re starting to consider other opportunities, and seriously want to distinguish yourself from other job applicants and candidates, listen carefully to Bob’s interview tips and advice– his insight will help you regardless of where you might be interviewing next. In addition to the advice he has for how job applicants should address their past failures, pay close attention to how he goes about evaluating candidates during the interview process, and which 3 core competencies he must see in every candidate before deciding to move them to the next round of interviews. Enjoy the video. We welcome your feedback and comments. They will be much appreciated.
What else will you hear inside the interview?
- He will ALWAYS open certain resumes from certain people. Find out who those people are and how can you be one of them.
- What can you expect from him during your first interview?
- What does he call a sign of “heavy bs”, and what is a major “turn-off” for him?
- How to properly articulate your past success
- The difference between how he would evaluate leaders for an early stage start-up versus a more established company
- 3 core competencies he looks for in every candidate before moving them to the next round of interviews
- Is he hiring, for which positions, and how can you apply?