Interview Advice From The Inbox Through The Interview
Rob Stevens, SVP of Sales & Marketing at Backupify— the leading provider of backup and recovery solutions for Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) applications–was kind enough to appear on Inside the Interview to share his interview advice with my audience. You may not be a candidate for Backupify, but if you’re starting to consider other opportunities and seriously want to distinguish yourself from other job applicants and candidates, Rob’s advice will help you–regardless of where your next interview might be. Listen carefully to how he goes about evaluating candidates during the interview process, and which 3 core competencies he must see in every candidate before deciding to move them to the next round of interviews.
What else will you hear inside the interview?
- How to go from his “inbox” to an interview
- What does learning to cook Italian food have to do with how to procure an interview with him?
- What is your “spike” and why will he be looking for it?
- 5 questions you must be prepared to answer
- What does he consider to be a red flag towards the end of an interview?
- What might you do that he finds “mildly annoying”?
- How often does he reverse his initial thoughts about a candidate during the interview?
- Is he hiring?