I recently interviewed Eugene Lee, CEO of SocialText–a social software company that helps organizations transform their internal and collaborative processes–about his unique approach for assessing talent. I first saw Eugene speak on a Tedx Talk, where he was speaking about leadership lessons from music, an obvious passion of his, and thought he would be a great guest to interview for my blog. His passion and energy are contagious and his wisdom is infinite.
What can you expect to learn from this interview?
What you will need to do as part of a situational interview at SocialText
- The top 5 indicators he’ll be listening for to determine if someone will be a cultural fit
- Why he once fell asleep on the phone while interviewing a candidate
- 5 critical questions he wants answered if he’s interviewing candidates for a sales leadership position
- 3 Core competencies that he must see at the sales leadership level
- How does a candidate’s own self-awareness play a critical role at the end of an interview
- Is Social Text hiring
The answers to these questions, and many more, can be heard in this video. I’m confident that you’ll find the insight that Eugene shares to be useful and actionable the next time you’re preparing to interview a candidate, or to be interviewed yourself. We look forward to your comments.