Allen Schweitzer, Vice President of Sales at Brafton –a full spectrum content marketing agency–paid a visit to the Over Quota Interview blog recently to discuss a number of topics around how he goes about assessing talent when hiring salespeople. Candidly, I learned a great deal from Allen about 6 years ago when one of his previous employers, Coradiant (Acquired by BMC), was looking to scale their sales team. I learned a lot about asking relevant questions, and really drilling down to get the most I could from every sales candidate. I realize that there is still much more to learn, which is why I was excited when Allen agreed to do this interview.
What will you learn from watching this video?
- Find out how Allen prepared for his interviews with Brafton when he was a candidate, and what you can learn from him before your next interview
- The short term sacrifice he made in his career that enabled him to go from individual contributor into a sales management role
- Learn what he says makes the difference between just a good sales candidate and a great sales candidate
- He reveals his rather unique interview style and says what he does when the candidate has gotten off to a poor start
- His top 3 core competencies he must see in every sales candidate before moving them to the next round of interviews
- Find out how you should catch his attention if you aren’t getting any responses from your resume submittals
- Is he hiring, and how should potential sales candidates apply
The answers to these questions, and many more, can be heard in this video. I’m confident that you’ll find the insight that Allen shares to be useful and actionable the next time you’re preparing for an interview. We look forward to your comments.