Dana Ward, Vice President of Human Resources and Recruiting at One Network— a software company in Dallas, TX that offers a cloud based supply chain solution—was kind enough to appear on Inside the Interview to share her interview advice with my audience. You may not be a candidate for a position at One Network specifically, but if you’re starting to consider other opportunities, and seriously want to distinguish yourself from other job applicants and candidates, listen to Dana’s interview tips and advice– her insight will help you regardless of where your next interview might be. In addition to the advice she has for certain job applicants that aren’t getting invited back in for second round interviews, pay close attention to how she goes about evaluating candidates during the interview process, and which 3 core competencies she must see in every candidate before deciding to move them to the next round of interviews. Enjoy the video. We welcome your feedback and comments. They will be much appreciated.
What else will you hear inside the interview?
- What does she look for on a resume and how should your objective be written?
- What are the key elements she suggests you should include in your cover letter/email?
- Why should you be prepared to ask lots of questions? Which questions should YOU be prepared to ask?
- 5 questions that you should be prepared to answer
- How much weight does she put on soft skills vs. hard skills when evaluating a candidate?
- What has her experience been with hiring people that have been fired in the past for poor performance?
- What’s one of the biggest reasons she would not hire someone, even if they have answered all of the questions and passed the test that they give to certain applicants?
- 3 core competencies she looks for before moving a candidate to another round of interviews
- The nuance between interviewing on the phone vs. interviewing in person
- Her advice for effectively closing an interview and handling objections
- Is she hiring?